Spæncom is one of Denmark's leading suppliers of concrete element solutions for all types of buildings. The company supplies diverse tasks such as office and cultural buildings, storehouses, schools, parking, stadiums, tanks and the like. In total, Spæncom employs approx. 530 employees in Denmark located in Hedehusene, Aalborg, Kolding and Vemmelev. Spæncom is part of the Consolis Group, a European market leader in construction and infrastructure, and specialises in developing and producing high-quality concrete element solutions.
Spæncom focuses on early involvement as a step towards greater productivity, and works professionally with 3D and BIM as tools to deliver better and more optimized projects to our customers.
In your new role as a Project Manager, you will join a team of 10 dedicated professionals in our project department located both in Hedehusene and Aalborg.
You will be involved in execution of customer projects from the order stage until final delivery. It will be your main responsibility to ensure Spæncom satisfies our customers by delivering the right quality always on time and in line with costs and results agreed in the contract.
- Control and drive deliveries from the company's value chain into the project and manage Spæncom’s contractual obligations
- Monitor, optimise and follow up on project profitability including resources, materials, overhead etc.
- Develop/update the project schedule (in accordance with internal departments and the suppliers)
- Manage the internal project organization and ensure end-to-end involvement and smooth internal handovers
- Register and follow up on deviations internally and externally and take necessary actions
- Follow up on risk management, plan and execute all mitigation steps
- Ensure proper delivery, handover to the customer, and closure of project
- Make project evaluation on selected projects
- Represent Spæncom towards the customer and ensure good relations with all key stakeholders from signed contract through the whole execution until project closure and hand over to the customer (including customer feedback)
Preferably, you have at least 3 years of experience within a similar position and relevant industry.
Ideal candidates match the following:
- You have a technical education background and relevant project management experience
- You are a skilled IT user and have experience with project management tools
- You have insights into building industry and concrete construction - perhaps even experience with concrete elements
- You work in a structured way, make decisions in time and take ownership of the projects
- You are proactive and plan ahead, e.g. manage risks by making and following mitigation plans
- You are, at all times, in control of the project contract and you understand both technical and commercial aspects of a project and AB92
- You have good interpersonal skills and is capable of engaging and motivating your project team
- You handle conflicts pro-actively and efficiently and you enjoy negotiating with customers
- As we are an international company, you are fluent in Danish and English on a professional level
We can offer
- Opportunity to join a growing international company with a strong reputation and long history and to take an important part on its way to further success
- Informal and inspiring working environment with a focus on both delivering ambitious results and competence development
- Team of highly motivated project management professionals, who are open to cooperate and share their knowledge and experience
- Challenging tasks and difficult projects that offers many development opportunities both personally and professionally
- Opportunity for further career development either within Project Management or other areas both locally and internationally.
Your place of work will be Hedehusene or Aalborg and you will report to Thomas Holten Nielsen, Department Project Manager.
You are welcome to send your application and CV to email@example.com as soon as possible but no later than August 31th. Please, be aware that we review applications continuously and interview relevant candidates as they come.
For more information regarding the job, you can contact Thomas Holten Nielsen at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are treated confidentially. We look forward to hearing from you.
Watch video with Thomas H. Nielsen telling about being a Project Manager for Spæncom.